The Batch High Shear Mixer design consists of a single stage four-blade rotor that turns at high speed within a stationary stator. As the rotating blades pass each opening in the stator, they mechanically shear particles and droplets, and expel material at high velocity into the surrounding mix, creating intense hydraulic shear. As fast as material is expelled, more is drawn into the bottom of the rotor/stator generator, which promotes continuous flow and fast mixing.
The batch model can be either mounted to a vessel or suspended over a vessel on a portable lift. The mobile configuration offers the flexibility to use a single mixer in multiple vessels. It also allows the user to vary the position of the stator to process different materials and batch sizes.
The rotor/stator of the batch model is generally positioned 2 - 3 head diameters off the bottom of the vessel, and slightly off center. To ensure adequate suspension of heavier solids, the rotor/stator generator may be positioned in the center of the vessel. Interchangeable stators provide unlimited flexibility to adopt to a variety of product formulations.
Batch models are supplied in many sizes from 3/4 through 100 horsepower.
- 1.5 HP through 200 HP
- Driven by an explosion proof (Class 1, Group D), 230/460 V, 3 Ph, 60 Hz, inverter duty motor
- Standard single stage rotor/stator supplied with either disintegrating, slotted, square hole or fine screen stator head
- Stainless steel type 316 wetted parts
- All non-stainless steel external surfaces coated with a white two-part epoxy paint
- Teflon rotor shaft bushing