The Double Planetary Mixer includes two blades that rotate on their own axes, while they orbit the mix vessel on a common axis. The blades continuously advance along the periphery of the vessel, removing material from the vessel wall and transporting it to the interior. After one revolution the blades have passed through the entire vessel, after three revolutions most materials have been mixed and after only 36 revolutions, the blades have contacted virtually the entire batch.
Ross pioneered Change Can mixer design nearly 100 years ago. Today we offer many of our mixers including our PowerMix with this option, which can dramatically increase production in your plant. While one vessel is wheeled away for remote discharge and cleaning, another wheels into place to start the next batch immediately.
Ross Planetary Mixers have been the world's leader for the last 50 years. Today it still surpasses all others in both productivity and long-term reliability. With no packing glands or bearings in the product zone, contamination is virtually eliminated.
This mixer is ideal for mixing and kneading viscous pastes or putty-like materials. Capacities from 1/2-pint through 400 gallons. A wide variety of options include vacuum/pressure, thermal jacketing and sanitary designs.
- Full vacuum change can design
- Air/oil hydraulic lift lowers and raises the agitators to and from the operating position
- Rectangular stirrers or High Viscosity “HV” blades
- Agitator drive components and lift system are fully sheathed
- Stainless steel type 304 wetted parts with 80 grit polish
- Non-stainless steel components are finished with a durable two-part epoxy coating
- TEFC 230/460 volt, 3 phase, 50/60 Hz motor
- Cast iron gearbox with Viton sealing o-rings and lip seals on stirrer shafts
- Safety limit switch to prevent operation of the mixer when the mix vessel or agitators are not in the mixing position
- Vacuum hood is easily removed providing access to upper gearbox area for simple maintenance and cleaning