Ribbon Blenders consist of a U-shaped horizontal trough and a specially fabricated ribbon agitator. The agitator consists of a set of inner and outer helical agitators that provide vigorous lateral and radial movement of the bulk material. The ribbon rotates at approximately 350 fpm and ensures thorough blends within short cycle times. An alternate agitator is our paddle design which applies gentler blending better suited for friable materials. Either agitator design can typically accommodate as low as 25% of the blender's maximum working capacity. Vacuum enables faster drying and solvent recovery at lower operating temperatures. A deaerated environment may also promote better interaction between discrete particles leading to enhanced homogenization and faster integration of minor additives such as scents, flavors, colors and APIs.
- 1/2 through 515 cubic feet capacity
- Stainless steel wetted parts
- Ribbon agitator for center discharge
- Designed for vacuum operation
- 80 grit finish on interior and exterior stainless steel surfaces
- Bolted cover with inlet connections for charging of raw materials with neoprene O-ring
- Safety limit switches to prevent operation when cover is raised
- Stuffing boxes with easily disassembled split housing
- Teflon braided packing
- Manually operated discharge valve
- All exterior non-stainless surfaces are painted with a white two-part epoxy coating
- Single speed drive
- 230/460 volt, 60 Hz, three phase, TEFC motors (see options for starters and controls)
- Blender is mounted on supports providing a discharge clearance of 36"
- Blender suitable for 30 lbs. per cu. ft.