EPO-TEK® OE188 is a low CTE, designed for semiconductor and fiber optic applications.
EPO-TEK® OE188 Advantages & Application Notes:
• Paste-like viscosity allows for application by dispensing, or hand methods such as toothpick, spatula or pin transfer.
• Color change upon cure – off-white to amber-brown - allows easy visual inspection.
• The CTE value below the Tg keeps potential stress to a minimum.
• Suggested applications:
o Fiber Optic Packaging:
- Sealing fiber into the snout, ferrule, or feed-through of the opto-package.
- Mounting optics, such as lenses, diodes, prisms, onto the substrate or “optical bench.”
- Adhesive for building the optical bench to the correct Z-height .
- “Toughened” adhesive to prevent fiber from the “piston effect” .
- As under fill of flip chip devices and SMDs like BGAs, capacitors and resistors.
- Capable of short cure cycles at low temperature, such as 80°C.