Fluon® LH-8000 is a new addition to the LM-ETFE AH Series. This ETFE (tetrafluoroethylene-ethylene copolymer) has a functional group polymerized directly in to the chain backbone, allowing it to adhere to other materials. This resin is ideal for producing multi-layer structures in a one-step process without the need for surface treatment or a separate adhesive layer. LH-8000 offers the lowest melting point of all the AH series resins, yet with the same desirable properties of other ETFEs, including non-stick, excellent processability, and superior chemical resistance.
Features of LH-8000
- The lowest melting point in the LM-ETFE AH series (180ºC vs. 240ºC)
- Wide range of processing temperatures between the melting point of 180ºC and the onset of degradation at 395 ºC
- Excellent adhesion to other materials, such as polyamides, polyethylenes, or metals
- Corrosive off-gas levels at melt processing are very low
- Equivalent mechanical, chemical resistance, electrical, and non-stick properties to conventional ETFE resins
- High transparency, low mold shrinkage