Saint-Gobain Coatings Solutions created the Supra line of ceramic-based thermal spray Flexicord products to increase the life of components exposed to demanding process conditions. The Supra Flexicord line provides denser coatings with lower porosity, smoother finish after spraying (lower Ra) and finer microstructure than other Flexicord products.
Supra Flexicord products are available in a range of coating formulations for optimized resistance to mechanical wear, corrosion, thermal shock & thermal cycling. These materials provide excellent diffusion & thermal barrier characteristics as well as electrical insulation properties.
Features & Benefits
- Higher operating temperature than other HardKarb formula – up to 870°C (1598°F)
- Suitable for aluminum substrates
- Dense coating with excellent oxidation, cavitation & erosion resistance
- Hot gas corrosion resistance, especially in sulfurous gases
- Can be sealed to improve corrosion resistance
- Recommended for hydraulic valves, fuel rod mandrels, tooling, machine parts, boiler tubes, WTE incinerators & hot forming dies