Saint-Gobain Coatings Solutions created the Supra line of ceramic-based thermal spray Flexicord products to increase the life of components exposed to demanding process conditions. The Supra Flexicord line provides denser coatings with lower porosity, smoother finish after spraying (lower Ra) and finer microstructure than other Flexicord products.
Supra Flexicord products are available in a range of coating formulations for optimized resistance to mechanical wear, corrosion, thermal shock & thermal cycling. These materials provide excellent diffusion & thermal barrier characteristics as well as electrical insulation properties.
Features & Benefits
- Produces hard, dense coatings
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, erosion, fretting & sliding wear
- Maximum temperature: 500°C (932°F)
- Not suitable for severe corrosive or oxidizing environments
- Ideal coating for paper rolls, wire drawing equipment, fan & compressor blades, pump seals & housings
- Protects against coal dust, non-corrosive slurry & sand