Are you interested in shorter downtime, efficient and quick installation of castables?
Saint-Gobain’s latest Norflow® castable product line provides engineered solutions to our customers that require help running their installations more efficiently.
Norflow® products are castables that are designed to be installed without using any installation tools, e.g. vibrator, as the products are self-flowing. It is sufficient to prepare the mix and poor it into the mold or area, and the product will flow in all zones automatically.
Features and Benefits:
Self-flow castables are essentially characterized by their fluidity, their low segregation and bleeding, their ability to pumping, and their sufficient workability time. They can be installed either traditionally with a bucket or with a pump. The formulation of self-flowing castables is based on three principles and criteria:
- the fluxing of the paste (binder + fine particles + water)
- the limitation of friction between aggregates
- the stabilization of the mixture to avoid segregation risks
Just like conventional castables, self-flowing castables can be combined with PP or PVC fibers to improve drying kinetics and limit the risk of spalling during initial heat-up. The use of reinforcement steel fibers is also possible without altering the self-flowing capability, when special tensile strength of resistance to cracking is required.
Main advantages of self-flowing castables are:
- Economical: reduced downtime, increased productivity, manpower savings (e.g; no additional or specific preparation of the installation is requested compared to conventional castables)
- EHS: better and less painful working conditions, lower noise, better safety (e.g. no need to walk on formworks with vibrating needles)
- Technical: generally higher performance, better aspect of surfaces and edges, greater freedom in structure design
Norflow® products are suitable for installation of coil coat, ladle, launder and tundish lining as well as furnace linings.