DuPont™ Pyralux® FR products are acrylic-based flame retardant copper clad laminates, coverlays, bonpdplys and sheet adhesives for products requiring UL rating.
Pyralux® FR Coverlay and Bondply
- High bond strength
- High thermal resistance
- No refrigeration required for storage
- Two-year product performance warranty
- Able to withstand multiple lamination cycles without degradation
- UL 94 VTM-0 flammability rating
- UL maximum operating temperature (MOT) 105C
DuPont™ Pyralux® FR coverlay (bondply) composites are constructed of DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film, coated on one side (both sides) with a proprietary B-staged acrylic adhesive. They are used to encapsulate etched details in flexible and rigid-flex multilayer constructions.
Construction and Certification for Coverlay and Bondply:
Pyralux® FR Sheet Adhesive
- Polyimide thickness: 12, 25, 50, 75 and 125um
- Adhesive thickness: 12, 25, 50 and 75um
- Certified to IPC 4203A/1
DuPont™ Pyralux® FR sheet adhesive is a proprietary B-staged modified acrylic adhesive coated on release paper. Sheet adhesive is used primarily to bond flexible innerlayers or rigid cap layers in multilayer lamination. It is also widely used to bond flexible circuits to rigid boards during the fabrication of rigid-flex circuits, as well as to bond stiffeners and heat sinks.
Construction and Certification for Sheet Adhesive:
- Adhesive thickness: 12, 25, 50, 75 and 100um
- Certified to IPC 4203A/18