Walchem’s WDS Series differential pH and ORP sensors are designed for industrial applications to be long-lasting and reliable.
The differential measurement technique uses two electrodes, one for the process measurement and the other for the reference measurement. Each electrode is measured differentially with respect to a third metal electrode. The reference electrode is constructed from pH glass and is embedded in pH 7 buffer within the sensor behind a porous, replaceable salt bridge.
If the reference solution becomes contaminated, or the salt bridge becomes clogged, it is easily replaced. The glass electrode is not prone to chemical attack like a silver/silver chloride reference can be, adding to the reliability of the sensor.
- Replaceable salt bridge for long life
- Field proven differential design
- Transmits signal 3,000 feet (915 meters)
- Walchem preamplifier models are compatible with Walchem controllers
- Conventional preamplifier models are compatible with GLI and Aquametrix (Lisle Metrix) controllers
- Resistant to ground loop problem