- Converts RS-232 to 20mA current loop
- 2000V optical isolation protection from transients
- One Transmit current loop & Receive current loop
- Current loops can be set to Active or Passive
- -40 to 80°C wire operating temperature
Model 232CLDR is a DIN rail mountable RS-232 to current loop converter. It is wide temperature rated and UL Recognized for industrial applications. It has one optically isolated 20 mA Transmit loop and one optically isolated Receive loop. Each loop can be set to either "Active" or "Passive." When set to "Active", an isolated 20 mA current is supplied for each loop (Transmit and Receive). A 10 to 30 VDC power supply (required, not included) provides power to the converter and both current loops. The 232CLDR communicates at baud rates up to 19.2 kbps and can extend communications up to 600 meters (2,000 ft.). 2,000V optical isolation protects equipment from damaging ground loops and surges. Two LED’s indicate data flow. Connections are made on terminal blocks.