SIPART DR22 controller
The SIPART DR22 process controller is a digital operating instrument with a "top class" performance. Within the internal program memory are a large number of functions for controlling processes, which can be simply retrieved by the user without any programming knowledge or accessories.
If required, function blocks for mathematical and logic functions can be easily added to the input connections, thus enabling optimum adaptation to more complex tasks.
The controller incorporates a versatile adaptation procedure which greatly simplifies commissioning, even of critical controlled systems. During this procedure, the controller automatically determines the optional parameters for stable control, even if the user has no preliminary knowledge of the controlled system's response. The adaptation procedure is suitable for controlled systems with recovery times and aperiodic transient responses. Even large dead times are taken into account.
The SIPART DR22 controller can be used as
- Fixed setpoint controller for one, two or three-component controls, optionally also with two setpoints
- DDC fixed setpoint controller for one, two or three-component controls
- SPC controller
- Slave controller (synchronization controller), optionally with local/remote switchover
- Fixed or controlled ratio controller with local/remote switchover
- Cascade controller (dual-loop controller)
- Ratio cascade controller (dual-loop controller)
- Override controller (dual-loop controller)
- Dual-loop controller with two independent control channels.
The universal flexibility is made possible by the extensive hardware of the instrument, which can easily be extended as required by a wide range of input/output modules (e. g. communication via a serial interface with a higher-level system or personal computer).
The SIPART DR22 controller has a large number of displays. Both the process variable and the setpoint are indicated on an analog and digital display. A further digital display is used to indicate the manipulated variable.
The SIPART DR22 controller can be used as a continuous controller with a current output or as a three-position step output for connection to electromotive drives without changing the hardware equipment. The split-range mode of the K controllers is configurable.