SIPART DR24 multi-function unit
The SIPART DR24 multi-function unit is used in process engineering applications for calculation, closed-loop and open-loop control. The unit can be freely configured to suit the application. During configuring, functions stored in memory are, through simple allocation, selected and onnected to one another, to the inputs and outputs, and to the indicators and pushbuttons of the control and display unit.
No programming knowledge is necessary.
The multi-function unit can be connected to higher level automation systems, control systems or process computers using analog, parallel interfaces, as well as via an addressable bus-based serial interface.
The multi-function unit can be installed in panels, desks or cabinets.
- Calculator for mathematical equations, timing sequences, logic operations and arithmetic operations executed in parallel
- Programmer (clock), also in conjunction with calculations, open-loop and closed-loop controls
- Closed-loop controller with continuous manipulated variable and/or three-position step controller; inputs and outputs of controller blocks freely connectable, e. g. to calculation and open-loop control functions; as a single-loop controller or for parallel operation for up to 4 independent control loops, for selection controls, cascade control, SPC or DDC mode
- Program controller; up to 8 programs
- Boiler control with mathematical evaluation of process variables (min./max. selection, correction computer etc.)
- Closed-loop burner control with open-loop control functions
- Thermodynamic closed-loop process control and calculations (enthalpy)
- Closed-loop furnace and zone control with programmed setpoint control and linearization
- Open-loop and closed-loop test bed control
- Closed-loop control of transport systems (e. g. conveyor belts) with dead time element
- Surge limit control
- Transmitter for analog and digital process variables to and from the serial interface (SIPART SW program)
- Process monitoring (limit violations, failure alarms etc.)
- Dependent and mutually interlocking/overriding setpoint control
- Multiplexer for process variables and/or setpoints
- Weighted average calculation using sampled values.