Vehicle - Mounted Workstation
The Multi-Domain Atlas (MDA) is a rugged, dismountable vehicle computing platform consisting of an intelligent docking station computer and a dismountable tablet computer.
- Supports up to four classification domains simultaneously; runs virtual machines to host independent security enclaves.
- Dock capable of running multiple instances of Windows® and Linux® operating systems simultaneously. Tablet capable of running a single instance of the Windows® or Linux® operating system.
- Built-in KVM capability provides single display user interface to tablet and dock computers.
- A system with detachable handheld display (tablet) with up to 50' range; wired or Type-1 encrypted wireless connection to the dock.
Value to the Warfighter
- Provides an optimum single display approach that enables the sharing of information with personnel with different security clearances and with coalition forces.
- Ease of software integration to hardware; able to run both the latest and legacy applications
- Runs most applications on the same computer platform, decreasing SWaP-C
- Supports up to five operating systems when tablet is docked
- Enables the soldier to carry the tablet and step away from the vehicle to share and debrief information such as situational awareness