DDC’s Rugged Avionics Interface Computer (AIC) provides a flexible and scalable platform that supports a wide range of data network communications. The system combines best-in-class performance from Intel’s embedded computing architecture and the I/O flexibility of DDC’s High Density Multi-Protocol XMC module, to deliver unmatched avionics connectivity in a small form factor, deployable, rugged enclosure.
- Embedded Intel® Processor Provides Best-in-Class Computing, Programming and Flexibility, Enabling the AIC to Serve High Density Protocol Bridging and Application Needs.
- Qualified for Rugged Air and Ground Environments.
- Scalable Architecture and DDC's Portfolio of High Density XMC and Mini-PCIe Modules Enables System Customization to Support a Wide Range of Applications.
- Field-Proven High TRL Hardware and Software Solution Saves Development Time and Costs.
- Three Modes of Operation Provide Complete Bridging Capability for Lab Environments
- 1. Remote Access Mode Uses Ethernet as a Virtual Backplane Between Applications Running on a Host Computer and 1553/429 Interfaces Located within the AIC, Eliminating the Need and Cost of Long Cabling to Onboard 1553/429 Connections from the Test Lab
- 2. Protocol Conversion Mode Uses Bridging SDK, Which Allows Users to Easily Create Embedded Software on the AIC that will Autonomously Forward Data Between MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, and Ethernet Interfaces
- 3. Standalone Mode Allows the AIC to Operate as a User Programmable Computer System
- Military Aerospace
- Commercial Aerospace
- Ground Vehicles