Thermal cutoffs are single action devices that open when a preset temperature is reached. They do not reset. The active component of a thermal cutoff is a fusible alloy surrounded by a special resin. Under normal operating temperatures the fusible alloy joins the two lead wires within the body of the cutoff. When the preset temperature of the cutoff is reached, the fusible alloy melts and with the aid of the special resin, complete cutoff is ensured. Thermal cutoffs are available in both Axial and Radial configurations as shown and with current ratings from 1/2 Amp to 7 Amps.
- Various temperature settings
- Miniature size
- Current rating: Up to 7 Amps
- Large inventory; same day shipping
- Various mounting options
- ROHS compliant ratings available
Thermal cutoffs are widely used to prevent damage from overheating in electrical products.
- APPLIANCES space heaters, irons, stoves, electric blankets, hair dryers, clothes dryers, cookers, toaster ovens, crock pots, mixers, toasters, microwave ovens, etc.
- MOTORS air conditioners, copiers, fans, washing machines, compressors, etc.
- ELECTRONICS TVs, stereos, tape recorders, video recorders, fluores- cent lamps, transformers, computers, surge suppres- sors, telecommunication equipment, etc