Compact optics and short setting time: EL-10-30 allows for that due to its electrically tunable focal range. Within 10 ms, the radius of this plano-convex lens can be changed by applying a voltage between 0 and 5 V. The lens can be operated with commercial power supplies allowing for current control. Power consumption is less than 2 W. For each lens a test chart displaying the dependendency between focal length and current can be provided.
The EL-10-30 comes in two different housings: Compact and C-mount. While the compact housing is preferably mounted in a 30 mm ring, the C-mount housing has threads on either side. Furthermore, the C-mount version accommodates space to insert an offset lens of 12 or 12.7mm diameter. The working principle of both versions is identical. C-mount versions marked with a "C" in the name.
You can find more information and datasheets at www.optotune.com
In the download area, a DLL is provided for embedding the lens in ZEMAX.
- Aperture 10 mm
- Lifecycles (10-90% sinusoidal): >1.000.000.000
- Response time (10%-90% step): < 2.5 ms
- Settling time < 15 ms
- Polarization preserving
- Transmission > 90 % @ 633 nm
- AR coated for 400-700 nm or 700-1100 nm
- Abbe number: 31 (HR)and 100 (LD)
- HR: nF (486.1 nm) = 1.572, nD (589.3 nm) = 1.559, nC (656.3 nm) = 1.554
- LD: nF (486.1 nm) = 1.302, nD (589.3 nm) = 1.300, nC (656.3 nm) = 1.299
- Damage threshold 10 kW/cm² (@1064 nm)