Moog Protokraft Direct 9 series D-Subminiature optical fiber transceivers consist of optoelectronic transmitter and receiver functions integrated into a printed circuit board mounted D-Sub / ARINC 801 compliant receptacle connector. The electrical interface to the Direct 9 series D-Sub optical transceiver is a solder PIN field with the same PCB footprint as existing electrical 9 position D-Sub connectors.
The optical interface to the Direct 9 series optical transceivers is an ARINC 801DB-9 connector enabling interconnection to optical fiber cable assemblies. The multimode optical fiber interface supports applications where copper cable link distance, bandwidth, weight or bulk make the use of twisted pair, twinax or quadrax copper conductors unacceptable.
- Compliant with Fast or Gigabit Ethernet - IEEE-802.3:2005 and 1x / 2x / 4x FC, sFPDP and ARINC 818
- Optical fiber link distances up to 2 km @ Fast Ethernet and 550 m @ Gigabit Ethernet
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Shock and vibration resistant per RTCA / D0-160E
- Electroless nickel plating meets stringent EMI / RFI performance specifications
- D-Sub housings are strong, durable, corrosion resistant and lightweight
- ARINC 801 compliant optical fiber connector interface
- Threaded mating connectors provide secure interface conditions in high vibration environments
- Dual Tx and Rx versions are available for unidirectional data transmission
- Increased power budget options are available on request
Direct 9 series PCB mounted optical transceivers enable high speed network communications over long distances in harsh environments.
- Fast or Gigabit Ethernet switches and peripherals
- Telecom and datacom switch / router rack-to-rack links
- Storage or computation clusters
- sFPDP application
- ARINC 818 application
- FPGA integration