Moog Protokraft Lightning series fiber optic transceivers integrate multiple fiber optic transmitter and receiver functions into a MIL-DTL-38999 series III receptacle connector.
The electrical interface to the Lightning series optical transceivers is a ribbon coax to Samtec® EQCD high density cable assembly enabling SMT interconnection to a customer's backplane, motherboard or daughtercard. The D38999, series III shell provides a sealed optical interface that is water-tight to MIL-STD-810 / IP67 / NEMA-4x when mated.
The multimode optical fiber interface supports applications where copper cable link distance, bandwidth limitations, weight or bulk make twisted pair, coax, twinax or quadrax copper conductors unacceptable.
US Pat. # 7,093,985
- Optical fiber link distances up to 2.0 km for Fast Ethernet and 550 m for Gigabit Ethernet
- Applications for Ethernet, Fiber Channel, ARINC 818 and sFPDP and or loss from 50 Mbps to 3.2 Gbps
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Shock, vibration and immersion resistant per MIL-STD-810
- Aluminum alloy MIL-DTL-38999 housings are strong, durable and lightweight
- Samtec® EQCD series electrical connector for SMT interface
- Sealed against liquid and solid contaminants
- Shock and vibration resistant
- MIL-T-29504 compliant optical fiber interface
- Configuration up to eight electro optical conversions available
- RoHS compliant product available
Lightning series MIL-DTL-38999 optoelectronic components duplicate the functions of typical datacom or telecom fiber optic transceivers in package configurations that are optimized for the harsh environments of military fiber optic applications.
- Ethernet switches and peripherals
- sFPDP data links
- ARINC 818 video displays and drivers
- FPGA integration