- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of four channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL:
- CHANNEL PUSHBUTTONS (CH1-CH4) - Four front panel channel pushbuttons allow the switch position to be changed independently for each channel.
- MASTER PUSHBUTTONS (A/B) - Two front panel master pushbuttons allow the channel positions to be changed simultaneously.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration
19.0" W x 3.5" H x 9.1" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 23.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 5.6 lbs. (2.6 kg)
QUAD CHANNEL SC DUPLEX A/B SWITCH APPLICATION; SINGLE MODE: The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex, Single Mode, Common port with access to two Fiber Optic Networks A and B connected to the SC Duplex Single Mode A and B ports for each of four channels. Control of the unit is via front panel pushbuttons. Four Channel pushbuttons allow the user to individually control each of the four channels. Two Master switch buttons allow the user to simultaneously switch position from A to B or B to A via Master Pushbutton A, or Master Pushbutton B.
- Each of four channels allows quick connection to any one of two SC interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism technology.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Independent control of channels via Channel pushbuttons.
- Simultaneously switch all channels via Master Switch pushbuttons.
- Ideal for "Local control only" applications. There is no Remote Control on the Quickswitch® 6250.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are SC duplex, Single Mode (SMA-28), 9/125 micron, and support a dual window wavelength of 1300nm and 1550nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
QuickSwitch® 6250 4-Channel SC Duplex A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports for each of four channels. The QuickSwitch® 6250 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton only. Switch position status may be attained via front panel LED display.