- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) ST Simplex female connectors on rear panel, A, B, C, D and COMMON, for each of two channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control operation.
- POWER SUPPLY: The QuickSwitch® 6281 is powered by its own internal power supply. After all the proper connections have been made to the units, plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on the rear of the unit into a 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz receptacle.
- DIMENSIONS WITHOUT EARS: 16.75" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (42.5 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- DIMENSIONS WITH EARS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
The QuickSwitch® 6281 Dual Channel Fiber Optic St Simplex A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports, with each of its two channels. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and Telnet commands. The QuickSwitch® 6281 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, black anodized chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack. The enclosure is specially designed to resist shock and vibration. Features:
- Each channel allows access to any one of four separate ST fiber optic networks from one COMMON fiber optic network.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Simultaneous control of both channels.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- IP Addressable.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All A,B,C,D, and COM ports are ST Simplex, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of the 1270-1625nm.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- EMI power inlet filter reduces the effect of power supply noise.
- Slide rails can be mounted to side panels in place of ears.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, ST fiber optic cables available for your installation.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switches.