The QuickSwitch® 6288 ST Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch with Remote Serial Control allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A & B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port of the switch. The system affords local and remote access functionality.
The Model 6288 data switch position may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton, or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. To switch manually, simply depress the front panel pushbutton and the switch will change to the new selected position as indicated by the front panel LED's. Remote switching of this Fiber Optic Switch is done through an RS232 (DB9) serial port located on the rear of the QuickSwitch® 6288 which may be connected to any standard RS232 port on a computer. The computer, once connected to the remote port, may use any common terminal emulation software.
- Control via front panel pushbutton or over Remote port on rear panel.
- Remote port is RS232, DB9/female port.
- LED's display switch position and power status.
- If power is lost, switch will default to A position (prime) and continue to pass data.
- A and B ports are independent, and cannot be connected to each other at any time.
- All fiber optic ports A, B, and Common are duplex, multimode ST ports. Fiber Size: 62.5/125 micron.
- MEMS-Based 1300 nm Mirror Switch supports Gigabyte data rate.
- Transparent to data format and speed.
- Custom length data cables available.