The QuickSwitch® Model 6304 8-Channel ST Duplex ONLINE OFFLINE Mutually Exclusive Switch with Remote allows the user the capability of selecting one or none of eight channels to pass data, with remote access functionality. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on rear of unit. A Keylock on the front panel allows complete disabling of the unit, in which all channels are switched to offline and both pushbutton and Remote commands are ignored. The QuickSwitch® Model 6304 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
- 8-Channels of ST Duplex ONLINE/OFFLINE switching.
- Mutually exclusive switching > Only (1) channel will be ONLINE and pass data at any one time.
- The selection of a different channel will automatically FIRST disconnect prior selected channel, THEN connect the new selection
- Each channel has its own dedicated break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates
- Position control of each of the 8-channels can be performed by eight front panel pushbuttons, or RS232 commands from the DB9 Remote port on rear panel.
- Keylock on front panel inhibits/permits pushbuttons.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, configure power loss behavior, query firmware version number, query serial number, enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display present position.
- All ports are ST Duplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the IN port is routed to the RX of the OUT port and vice versa.