- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) OM3 LC duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, wavelength 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position, power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module (Cat.No. 517277) 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (20.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs (1.9 Kg).
OM3 LC DUPLEX A/OFFLINE/B APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a Network connected to the OM3 LC Laser Enhanced Multimode COMMON port accessing two other Networks connected to the OM3 LC Laser Enhanced multimode A and B ports. The unit switches to the OFFLINE position before it switches to the "A" or the "B" position. The diagram also illustrates a DB9 Remote which accepts ASCII RS232 commands for offsite monitoring and contol of the switch.
- Optical Multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for laser enhanced applications.
- Unit switches to OFFLINE position before switching to A or B.
The QuickSwitch® 6297 Single Channel OM3 LC Duplex A/OFFLINE/B Switch with Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and the unit power status. The QuickSwitch® 6297 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
- Access any one of two separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Unit reverts to the OFFLINE position on power loss and isolates all data.
- When power is restored, unit will remain in the OFFLINE position until commanded to change.
- Unit switches to OFFLINE position before switching to "A" or "B" position.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Serial commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Ideal for fallback operations.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC Duplex, 50/125 Micron Laser Enhanced Multi-Mode, OM3 grade fiber, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical Multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for laser enhanced 10-Gigabit laser applications.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!