- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) SC Duplex Fiber Optic connectors on rear panel (A group of (3) labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 3 channels.)
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (6) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 3.5" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard power module. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
The QuickSwitch® 6256 Tri-Channel SC Duplex A/B/Offline fiber optic network switch with Contact Control Remote allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A or B port for each of its three channels. Alternatively, the unit can be switched to its OFFLINE position and totally isolate connection to the A and B ports. The QuickSwitch® 6256 fits in a standard 19" rack, taking 1U of rack space. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's.
Model 6256 QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- Each of three channels allows quick connection to any one of two SC Duplex devices from one COMMON device.
- OFFLINE switch position stops any and all data throughput for the unit.
- Internal circuitry insures isolation between networks/devices.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode 50/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Individual control of each channel.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug fiber optic patchcords.
- The Remote port accepts dry contact closure commands for switch position.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- When power is lost, all channels revert to the Offline position.
- When power is restored, all channels remain in the Offline position until commanded otherwise.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.