ControlTower 3.L Console Management System enables systems administrators to manage hundreds of serial consoles from anywhere, at anytime.
ControlTower 3.L provides a reliable time and cost saving solution for monitoring and controlling multiple devices through an RJ-45/DB-25 interface from a central location or by remote access. It enables a single Linux-based system to function as a common console (monitor and keyboard) for managed devices. ControlTower 3.L is integrated into the distributions of Mandriva, RedHat, and SuSE.
ControlTower 3.L uses Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) to authenticate users, giving systems administrators flexibility. ControlTower 3.L also features breakthrough security options, error handling, and logging features for greater customization and flexibility.
- Local or remote console access via serial connections to headless servers and other devices
- Remote access via TCP/IP or modem connection to the host
- Hardware certified against spurious break signals
- Up to 128 ports per host
- Complete console logs
- Secure, encrypted access to remote systems using up to 128-bit Twofish encryption
- System access can be restricted by IP address, password, or Unix account
- Many levels of filtering and access logging