Waukesha Bearings custom engineers each tilt pad journal (radial) bearing to not only handle the required loads but also provide optimum static and dynamic performance.
Pad arc, pivot offset, bearing clearance, length of the bearing, and preload are each carefully considered, as they can affect such factors as power loss, temperature and dynamic performance.
- Hydrodynamically stable at high speeds
- Accommodate varying conditions
- Less sensitive to load direction or shaft misalignment than fixed profile bearings
- Optimized lubrication for minimum power loss and pad temperature
- Compact designs of combined thrust and journal bearings available
- Advanced materials available to withstand high speeds, loads and operating temperatures, as well as special lubricant requirements