The universal temperature controller KS 42-1 is intended for universal, precise, and cost-effective control tasks in all branches of industry. For this, the unit provides simple 2-point (on/off) control, continuous PID control, or 3-point stepping control. The process value signal is connected via a universal input. A supplementary analog input can be used for heating current measurement or as an external setpoint input.
The KS 42-1 has three process outputs that can be 3 relays or 2 relays plus a universal output. This universal output can be used for operating a solid-state relay, a continuous current/voltage output or to energize a two-wire transmitter.
This controller is particularly well suited to the following industry applications:
- Furnaces and ovens
- Burners and boilers
- Plastics processing
Benefits & Features
- BluePort® Front interface and BlueControl Software
- Maintenance manager and error list
- Automatic/Manual key
- Monitoring of heating current and input circuit
- Timer and programmer
- Extended limit signalling function with latch
- Type tested to EN 14597 (replaces DIN 3440), cULus and GL