The 6170+ single loop controller is part of the Plus series range and has 3-point stepping control designed specifically for open loop, valve motor drive (VMD) applications.
The 6170+ incorporates advanced tuning algorithms, with selectable pre-tune and self-tuning for easier setup. The self-tune also reduces output activity to an absolute minimum without compromising control quality, thereby reducing wear and tear on mechanical components such as valves, contactors and relays. In test, these controls have cut down valve oscillation from 30 to 40 times a minute to just a few. Pre-tune plus self-tuning has also been shown to get on control up to 3 times faster.
In addition to the VMD outputs, further output options exist which can be designated as outputs for alarms, 24 VDC transmitter power supply, retransmit process value or setpoint.
Benefits & Features
- 3-Point Stepping valve control
- Valve position indication
- Jumperless configuration
- Auto or Manual Tuning
- Process and loop alarms
- Remote/dual setpoint options
- Dual 4-digit LED displays
- Universal Input for Thermocouple, RTD, DC, linear mA/V/mV, user selectable
- Up to 4 outputs; relay, DC linear, SSR driver, Triac, Transmitter Power Supply
- Modbus communications
- Program security