The 8840 single loop profiler, provides advanced process control for demanding applications. It provides up to 16 programs with 16 segments each and 4 control (event) tracks. Control is a choice of simple 2-point (on/off) control, continuous PID control or 3 point stepping control (valve motor drive /VMD).
The process value signal is connected via a universal input. A supplementary analog input can be used for heater current measurement, as an external setpoint input or for position feedback measurement of motorised stepping controllers. The optional 3rd input is a universal input that can be used for several functions e.g. temperature dependant setpoint correction or differential control.
The 8840 comes fitted with 4 process outputs – either relays or up to 2 universal outputs that can be used for operating a solid state relay, linear current/voltage output or to power a two-wire transmitter. Optionally there are two additional optocoupler outputs.
Benefits & Features
- Up to 16 programs with 16 segments each
- 4 control (event) tracks
- Front comms port and PC configuration software
- 2 or 3 analog inputs
- Valve motor drive with/without position feedback
- Fast sample rate (100ms)
- Maintenance manager and error list
- Self tuning to the setpoint without oscillation
- High visibility display sharing plain text or bar graphs