Wireless InSite is a suite of ray-tracing models and 2D field solvers for the analysis of site-specific radio propagation and wireless communication systems. It provides efficient and accurate predictions of propagation and communication channel characteristics in complex urban, indoor, rural and mixed path environments.
In addition to enhancements that directly affect speed, new options increase capability and flexibility. In response to the popularity of the Wireless InSite Real Time API, the latest release offers an API to Wireless InSite’s highest-fidelity Full 3D Ray Model as a standard component of the base package. Customers will now be able to develop custom applications that are either geared toward rapid urban propagation with the Real Time API or high-fidelity calculations in urban, rural or mixed-path environments with the Full 3D Ray Model API.
Real Time Module
Remcom’s Wireless InSite Real Time module provides Wireless InSite with a very rapid propagation capability for urban environments. When used with the Real Time Module, Wireless InSite returns loss results in under a millisecond. Real Time Module calculation times are almost entirely independent of scene size; these almost instant computations allow for coverage of large areas, or for near-real-time simulations of transmitter and receiver networks.
- Suite of propagation models for urban, indoor, rural, and mixed path field predictions
- Import XFdtd® far zone patterns
- Optimized ray engine enables fast run times for large urban scenes
- 64-bit version for very large, complex problems
- Nearly instantaneous Real Time Module run times are relatively independent of overall scene size and complexity
- Trajectory transmitter/receiver sets allow definition of flight paths
- User defined two-cut plane antenna radiation patterns simplify import of vendor and user antenna data
- New API to Wireless InSite’s Full 3D Ray Model included standard with every Wireless InSite license
- Moving Window and Urban Canyon FDTD modules bundled with standard edition
- Communication channel analysis tool
- Modeling of atmospheric ducting effects
- Run calculations on multiple processors
- Overlay output on top of maps and aerial photographs